Sunnyvale, Calif. — Trimble acquired privately-held Manhattan Software, a developer of real estate and facility management software, headquartered in London. The acquisition extends its Trimble Buildings’ portfolio of design-build-operate (DBO) solutions by providing building owners, facilities and real estate managers with integrated, end-to-end property, asset and facilities management systems.
The combination of Manhattan’s software with Trimble’s broad technology portfolio in positioning, Building Information Modeling (BIM), analytics and visualization accelerates Trimble’s ability to deliver total lifecycle solutions that will allow owners and facilities managers to access data captured during the building planning, design, construction and renovation phases, thereby providing deeper insight, better operating decisions and better asset performance.
Manhattan Software provides on premise and software as a service (SaaS) solutions which include:
• Manhattan Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) provides an enterprise solution for planning and managing any organization’s real estate portfolio of buildings and assets. Manhattan IWMS is designed for the entire facility lifecycle to maximize resource utilization while reducing the total cost of occupancy (TCO).
• Manhattan CenterStone Computer-Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) allows facility managers to plan and manage their space, facilities, assets, leases, work orders and operations.
• Manhattan Analytics enables clients to derive insight from IWMS and CAFM data to make more effective decisions to optimize their real estate portfolios. By blending data with scientific methodology, Manhattan Analytics provides a comprehensive view of space utilization, capacity, square footage, lease expirations and total cost of operations across client’s real estate and facilities portfolios, and enables all opt-in clients to benchmark against a database of peer organizations in real time on an aggregated level.
• Manhattan Space Scheduling provides a scalable end-to-end solution for booking and managing meeting space and flexible desk space, through to meeting and greeting visitors, coordinating catering deliveries, and arranging complex video conferences.
• Manhattan Capital Asset Planning enables clients to measure past, present and future performance, and makes evidence-based decisions to optimize the use and management of assets in line with long-term corporate objectives.
“Facilities and real estate management has become one of the most strategically important parts of an organization’s operational structure — and where the majority of the costs reside for building owners and occupants,” said Bryn Fosburgh, vice president responsible for Trimble’s Construction Technology Divisions. “Trimble’s focus is to transform the workplace of the future by providing holistic tools to property owners, occupiers and managers to drive agility, efficiency and insight across the lifecycle from planning and design, through transactions, building occupancy and operations. Our acquisition of Manhattan Software will enable customers to leverage the data and intelligence gained through construction and renovation workflows, and to achieve benefits that endure throughout the full operational lifecycle of buildings.”
“Buildings are by nature spatial, making it essential for owners to visualize their usage, performance and costs,” said Steve Vatidis, founder of Manhattan Software. “By combining Manhattan’s leading IWMS and CAFM solutions with Trimble’s depth of spatial and modeling technologies — including BIM, scanning, mobility and more — we are excited about our ability to redefine the future of workplace management innovation.”