GREENWOOD VILLAGE, COLO. — Merrick & Company’s newly renovated headquarters building, located in Greenwood Village, Colo., has been awarded two Green Globes by The Green Building Initiative (GBI). The GBI provides sustainability assessment and certification services to assist companies and agencies in reducing operational costs, qualifying for tax incentives, meeting federal mandates, or increasing the marketability of buildings. The non-profit organization’s environmental assessment and rating tool is the Green Globes certification where companies can receive from one to four Green Globes.
Merrick’s new office received two of the four Green Globes by demonstrating excellent progress in the reduction of environmental impacts and the use of environmental efficiency practices.
Merrick relocated its headquarters to the Greenwood Village location in March, 2013 and submitted its qualifications to the GBI. The renovation project was awarded points in the following categories/uses:
• Using an integrated design process
• Commissioning of the building
• Optimizing the building layout for daylight views
• Energy efficiency measures including:
• Purchasing offsite renewable energy
• Providing bicycle storage and changing facilities
• Providing low-environmental impact building materials
• Re-using building materials salvaged during demolition
• Using building materials containing recycled content
More information about the rating system is located at www.thegbi.org/green-globes.