ZweigWhite's Professional Development Series is available in an online format that allows civil engineers to earn continuing education credit immediately by reading specially focused, sponsored articles or viewing archived webcasts and taking a quiz. Or, engineers can participate live in specially focused, sponsored ZweigWhite webcasts to receive professional development hours (PDHs). Webcasts are fully synchronized visual and audio presentations streamed over the Internet. These online events may provide interactive features such as desktop presentations for product demonstration.
Most of the sponsored articles and archived and live webcasts award one PDH for successful completion. All PDHs are free. If you read or view the content, display an understanding of the stated learning objectives by taking a quiz, and follow the simple instructions, you can fulfill a portion of your continuing education requirements at no cost to you.
Note: ZweigWhite is an Approved Provider through the American Institute of Architects/Continuing Education System (AIA/CES) – Provider number: J317. However, it is the responsibility of the licensee to determine if this method of continuing education meets his or her governing board(s) of registration's requirements.
After creating a free account, ZweigWhite Professional Development Series portal users can enter their username and password to return to the portal. Quizzes can be taken online and graded immediately. If you answer at least 80 percent of the questions correctly, a certificate is made available immediately for printing or downloading. The portal also maintains a history of quizzes taken by registered users.
The following articles, previously published in CE News, Rebuilding America's Infrastructure, or Structural Engineer magazine, and special archived webcasts are currently available free online for PDH credit:
- BIM Enhances Structural Analysis Regardless of Project Size
- Introduction to Fixed-Film Bio-Reactors for Decentralized Wastewater Treatment
- Low-Water Crossing Design & Use of Articulated Concrete Block
- Practical Factors Related to the Inspection, Evaluation and Load Rating of Installed Culverts
- Thin Slab Floor Systems for High Rise Towers
- LRFD Implementation of Shallow Spread Footings for Bridge Structures
- Specifying a Vehicular Prefabricated Steel Truss Bridge
- Modeling Stormwater Runoff Reduction from Rainwater Harvesting
- Guidelines for Development Around Tunnels and Seismic Compliance of Underground Structures
- The Design of Fiber Reinforced Composite Materials for Strengthening of Existing Structures
- Introduction to Infiltration Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Introduction to Decentralized Packaged Wastewater Treatment (PWWT) Systems
- Design Considerations for Pedestrian Truss Bridge Structures
- Energy Analysis That Fits Your Building Project
- Cistern Design Considerations for Large Rainwater Harvesting Systems
- Designing Structures for Tsunami Resistance
- New Seismic Stabilization Technology for Retrofits and New Construction
- Geosynthetics in Articulating Concrete Block Section Design
- Practical Considerations Related to the Use of Alternative Backfill Materials for Flexible Soil-interaction Structure Installation
- BIM in a Cloud II: BIM and Cloud Computing for Structural Engineering
- Differential Shortening of Tall Steel Building Columns
- The Practical Differences in Material Properties of Flexible Pipe Products
- The Use of Corrugated Metal Pipe and Structural Plate for Aggregate Tunnel and Conveyor Enclosure Applications
- Rehabilitation and Relining of Culverts
Check monthly for new articles.
CE News and Structural Engineer webcasts can be viewed live to receive a certificate of attendance (PDH credit). Additionally, the following free archived webcasts – at http://continuingeducation.zweigwhite.com – are available (as of press time) for PDH credit with successful online completion and submission of a quiz:
- Protecting and Preserving America's Transportation Systems:
How MAP-21 Encourages Change in Project Execution
- BIM in an Integrated Project Delivery Method
- Thin Slab Floor Systems for High Rise Towers, Part 2
- Reducing Requests for Information in Highway Construction
- Injecting New Life into Your A/E or Environmental Firm
- Roads and Highways: A Data Integration Solution
- Visualization from the Highway Engineer's Perspective
- Build a Better Road: Over, Under and Through
- Integrating Drainage Analysis in Highway Design
- Advances in GIS for Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Utilities
- Delivering Integrated Projects – 4D Modeling for Roads
- Coming to a Crossroads: Intersection Planning and Design
- Digital Signatures, the Final Step in Automated AEC Workflows
- Designing with BIM for Infrastructure on Large Transportation Projects
- Planning and Environmental Assessment with BIM for Infrastructure
- GIS + CAD – The Best of Both Worlds
- Create with Vision: Implementing BIM for Infrastructure
- Replacing The Katrina-Damaged I-10 Twin-Span Bridges
Link to library of paid courses
The ZweigWhite Professional Development Series portal also contains a link to a large, paid course library that presents technical training for civil engineers and other AEC professionals, as well as PDH-approved courses that are designed to meet specific state licensing board continuing education requirements. Upon course completion, a completion certificate will be placed in your account and your results will be reported (if required) to the appropriate board on your behalf.
CE News' interactive online format is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from any computer with Internet access. The online courses are designed using the latest techniques to be fast, informative, and user-friendly. Courses are available at fundamental, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Additional archived webcasts (no PDH credit)