Stagnito Media’s Professional Development Series will be available in mid-March in a new online format that allows civil engineers to earn continuing education credit immediately by reading specially focused, sponsored articles that appeared in Stagnito Media magazines or by viewing specially focused, sponsored Stagnito Media webcasts. Access the Continuing Education portal at www.cenews.com/continuing-education.html
Most of the sponsored articles and webcasts award one professional development hour (PDH) for successful completion. All PDHs are free. If you read or view the content, display an understanding of the stated learning objectives by taking a quiz, and follow the simple instructions, you can fulfill a portion of your continuing education requirements at no cost to you.
Note: It is the responsibility of the licensee to determine if this method of continuing education meets his or her governing board(s) of registration’s requirements.
After creating a free account, Stagnito Media Continuing Education portal users can enter their username and password to return to the portal. Quizzes can be taken online and graded immediately. If you pass, a certificate is made available immediately for printing or downloading. The portal maintains a history of quizzes taken by registered users.
The following articles, previously published in CE News or Structural Engineer magazine, are available online:
- Slender Column Design Based on ACI 318-08
- The Use of Corrugated Metal Pipe and Structural Plate for Aggregate Tunnel and Conveyor Enclosure Applications
- Economic Optimization of Sustainable Subsurface Infiltration Systems
- The Use of Geogrids in Railroad Applications
- Designing for LID: An In-depth Look at Integrated Management Practices and Design Considerations
- Development and Splicing of Flexural Reinforcement Based on ACI 318-08
- Scour in Bottomless Culverts
- LEED Green Building Rating System and Sustainable Sites
- Subgrade Improvement for Paved and Unpaved Surfaces Using Geogrids
- Rehabilitation and Relining of Culverts
- Structural Steel Shop Drawing Review: The Present — the Future
- Performance Characteristics of Profile Wall HDPE Drainage Pipes
Link to library of paid courses
The Stagnito Media Continuing Education portal also contains a link to a large, paid course library that presents technical training for civil engineers and other AEC professionals, as well as PDH-approved courses that are designed to meet specific state licensing board continuing education requirements.
Upon completing paid courses, completion certificates are placed in users’ accounts and results are reported (if required) to the appropriate boards on their behalf. The interactive online format is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from any computer with Internet access.
The online courses are designed using the latest techniques to be fast, informative, and user-friendly. Courses are available at fundamental, intermediate, and advanced levels and typically cost less than $50 per PDH. Topics include stormwater, wastewater, water distribution, groundwater, pavements, green infrastructure, open-channel flow and channel design, stream restoration, roadway design, highway engineering, parking lot design, retaining wall design, and many more.